What is a Function?
Unit 1 – Week 2
- Define function (F-IF.1)
- Vertical line test (F-IF.1)
- Domain and range (F-IF.1)
- Evaluate a function (F-IF.2)
Day 6 – Forms of Functions (Defining Functions Recursively)
Ideas for cross-curricular student work: My students will be reading the short story, The Most Dangerous Game in their English class. A Bellringer Idea is to have students graph fear vs. distance and fear vs. time.
- Presentation (See below for Day 6 Presentation Download)
- Handout (Including homework, bellringer, and exit slips)
Day 7 – Forms of Functions (Writing Functions as Expressions)
Day 8 – Forms of Functions (Translating Functions from Words and Expressions into Tables)
Day 9 –Forms of Functions (Translating Functions from Tables into Graphs)
Day 10 –Forms of Functions (Translating Graphs into Words/Describing graphs)